Thursday, August 20, 2009

Check List

Computer: check

Cell Phone: check

Email Account: check

Skype Account (to keep up with Mom and Dad): check

Checking Account: check

Luggage: check

School Supplies: check

Clothes: check

Shoes: double check (Lyndsey loves shoes!)

All other supplies: almost check

Our Lyndsey will be leaving for West Coast Baptist College in 10 days! We have almost everything for her - just a few odds and ends left to be tied up. We have the privilege of taking her there.

I didn't think I would have that hard of a time with her leaving...but I have discovered just the opposite. Now, I'm not depressed or anything like that, but I do find myself getting choked up every once in a while. Lyndsey has teased me about being a 'ball bag' the night we actually part ways and I have said that I would not be bad at all. Now...I don't know.

Lyndsey is at the age (and has been for a few years now) where we have become very close friends. I love it that we don't just have a 'mom and daughter' relationship now.

She is a beautiful young woman and she will be missed dearly while she is away. Even her brothers will miss her (but they won't admit that today!).

I am so happy that she is moving on to the next phase of her life. She is beyond excited. She would have left a long time ago if she could have. She's always wanted to be older than she is. I've said ever since she was 5 that she's 5 going on 25.

Until next time...

No comments: