Monday, August 11, 2008

No Subtilty!

Yesterday, I had the privilege of teaching the preschoolers during Sunday School. The names of the children are AJ and Tamiyah.

Class started and I was talking with Tamiyah when all of a sudden AJ says the following.

AJ: (with absolute seriousness written all over his face) "Girls have hair on their arms?"

Me: "What?"

AJ: "Girls have hair on their arms?!"

Me: (looking at my arms - yes I have a lot of hair on my arms) "Yes, AJ, some girls have hair on their arms."

AJ: "I've never seen a girl with hair on her arms before."

Tamiyah: "Me, neither."

Me: "I guess I got all the hair from my dad. I don't know."

I looked at both of their arms and they didn't have any noticeable hair on their arms. AJ, especially, was completely stunned - almost grossed out by the hair on my arms!

Last night, as I was telling one of the ladies at church this little story, another lady (Erin) came up to me and said, "I could braid the hair on your arms!"

In my own defense I said, "I asked my husband if he wanted me to wax the hair off of my arms and he said NO, so I leave it alone!" *grin, laugh*

No comments: