Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Overheard

Yesterday was Tyler's 10th birthday.

We had a couple of boys spend the night Sunday night and then another friend surprised us and called out of the blue to spend the day with us.

Anyhow, the boys started out sleeping in the living room. They moved into the bedroom later on. They woke up somewhat early (at least is wasn't 5:15 a.m. like it has been in the past) and I heard them talking.

Lawrence is one of the funniest kids I know. He's very quick witted. He has a great sense of humor. I heard the following:

Lawrence: Phyllip, I thought this was a boys' room.

Phyllip ignores/doesn't hear him.

Lawrence: Phyllip, I thought this was a boys' room.

Phyllip: It is.

Lawrence: Get out!
(just in case you don't understand, he was calling Phyllip a girl)

Tyler gets in on the conversation.
Tyler: Mr. George says we're all girls so we all have to get out!

Lawrence: Mr. George is an old, ancient woman and he's not allowed in here, either!

They were all laughing and I was laying in my bed laughing.

It was a very rainy and cold day yesterday. That didn't stop the boys from playing outside. Tyler came in to ask if he could get some shovels from the garage.

I looked at his jacket and noticed how wet it was and the following conversation took place.

Me: Tyler, it's pouring down rain outside. You guys need to come inside. Your jacket is all wet.

Tyler: Mommy, it's not pouring. It's just raining big drops!

Me: (puzzled) It's not pouring?
I looked outside and it was indeed pouring. I pulled rank and made every one of them come inside!

No comments: