Monday, April 12, 2010

A Family Day

Life has been crazy busy for a long time now. It has seemed like every time we planned to do something, our plans were changed for us.

I finally told Mr. Wonderful last week that I needed to get away from home for the day where nobody could call and get ahold of us; that I just needed and wanted a family day without interruption.

I had a homeschool meeting to go to Saturday morning. So we all loaded up and away we went. The meeting was over and then our official family day began.

We had looked at going hiking up by where Lyndsey was. But we had made a backup plan in case it wasn't going to work for her to go with us. She ended up sick.

So we decided to go to the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.

It was really neat!

There is only a small parking lot at the observatory but everyone can park alongside the road. And let me tell you, that road is steep and winding.



We had only ever seen the "Hollywood" sign on tv or in pictures. We didn't realize that the sign was right there in the hills behind where we were at until someone pointed it out. Not that it matters much to us (after all, it's only a wooden sign) but I decided to get a picture of the boys with it in the background anyway.


The views from the decks were spectacular of Los Angeles. I always thought in my head that the city was BIG but until I saw it from the deck, I didn't realize just how vast it really is. And I know I didn't get the whole city in the pictures, either.







One of the highlights of the day was when we thought back on the day and realized that we only spent $20 the whole day! Now that is a feat living here in SoCal!!!!

We would really love to go back some day soon but in the evening because they have telescopes you can use to look up into space but they only work after dusk.

A much needed day away was what I needed to recharge my jets!

No comments: