Monday, November 29, 2010

I Am Woman!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Yesterday, I had to take Lyndsey and all her friends back to school.

There are several freeway changes on the way to Lancaster from our desert location. As we were coming up on the last change, I thought seriously about stopping at a gas station to use the restroom. But then I thought, "All the girls are asleep. Na, I can make it to Littlerock or Palmdale." And so we continued on the journey.

BIG MISTAKE!

After many minutes of praying, we made it to a gas station. I got out and ran to the bathroom only to discover that I had to pay to use it. *sigh* I ran back to the car, got a quarter, and went inside.

As I was finishing washing my hands, someone was trying to get inside without paying.

I opened up the door and a person was there and said, "Oh, sorry, sorry, " and walked in. I watched said person and was very perplexed.

I kept looking at this person and I thought I better give some advice (why this time, I don't know). I said, "Ya know, this is the woman's bathroom." To which the following reply was given. "I know! I am woman! (as she pointed to herself)" Shocked and feeling REALLY stupid, I said, "Oh, sorry!" and quickly left the bathroom and ran for the car.

This woman looked nothing like a woman! She was very stocky. She had a man's haircut. She was wearing gray sweats, a gray sweatshirt, unisex tennis shoes, and a unisex coat (and had no makeup on). She also was not originally from America - she had an accent.

I think that was my "open mouth, insert foot" experience for the year! This one definitely tops the list!

No comments: