Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Plain Awesome!

I started studying the book of Romans in my Bible a while back. I didn't get very far before I was distracted. Ahem.

But this week I went back to it. And I learned something so awesome.

Romans 1:7 says "To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ."

I wanted to know what a couple of word actually meant so I looked them up in Webster's 1828 dictionary.

Called = invited; summoned; addressed, named; appointed; invoked; assembled by order; recited.

The Greek word for called is kletos.
It means called, invited (to a banquet)
invited (by God in the proclamation of the Gospel) to obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom through Christ

And then I wanted to know the exact definition of 'saint.'

The Greek word for saint is hagios.
It means: most holy thing, a saint


I got so excited when I discovered this! We are all invited, through salvation in Jesus Christ, to be a most holy thing! Wow! Can you wrap your brain around that??!!! Incredible!!!!

It definitely put a skip in my step!

No comments: