Monday, January 24, 2011

Reptile Show

Walter and the boys had been looking forward to the reptile show for months. I believe, since last July or August.

January 8 was the day. Oh, they were excited! I almost think Walter was the most excited. It was the day to bring the newest members of our family home - two chameleons.

The five of us hopped in the car and away we drove. Down, down, down the freeway to the show we went.

And it did not disappoint! (I will admit now that I wasn't so sure I would like it, but I was pleasantly surprised). Thousands of people were there and I think just about every kind of critter of the reptile kind was for purchase.

Enjoy the pictures!

This boy was a vendor's son

I believe he only sold bearded dragons. He had another one hanging on his back.

This was the area to have your picture taken with snakes. There's a giant 12 foot yellow python in the background as well. Your choice... Some things are just too weird!

This is a Jackson Chameleon

Snakes, snakes, and more snakes in tubs like this - some giant, some medium, and others very small.

This chameleon was just up at the top of this stick - about 10 feet in the air so no one could touch him. Love his coloring!

This is a pair of beaded lizards (I think). Notice the price of them...

Female monitor lizard with her rhinestone collar on. You can actually walk them on a leash.

I realize that snakes have their place in the world. However, it's just odd to me how many people like them for pets...

Lots of 2 month old chameleons

A vendor with her snake - not sure if it was for sale

A 'regular Joe' with his pet snake. Weird!

"I'm hungry!" He was climbing down from his perch to eat.

Tyler's choice - her name is Vette.

Phyllip's choice - her name is China.

We've now had them for just over two weeks. They've grown quite a bit and are really neat to watch.

I never thought I would ever have reptiles in my home but these two are actually fun to have.

No comments: