Tuesday, September 16, 2008

3 Valuable Gifts I Received

Ok - I must admit - it was my birthday yesterday.

Lyndsey gave me a handmade card that was great (by the way - I think she makes incredible cards!).

Tyler won the behavior award in Jr. Church a couple weeks ago. He won a box of "Lemonheads." He loves 'em. On to the story...he made me a card and taped a small container of lemonheads (his most prized possession at the moment) to his card. Boy, did I feel special!

Then it was time for bed. Phyllip came out of his room to give me a hug goodnight. Phyllip not only gave me a hug but a kiss, too! To some, that doesn't seem exciting. But to this here mom - that's incredible! See, I haven't gotten a kiss from said son for over 6 years! He just doesn't like it - giving or receiving. I quit trying to get a kiss from him a very long time ago! But I was pleasantly surprised.

It was a FANTASTIC birthday!

No comments: