Thursday, September 18, 2008

Remember to keep your doors locked!

Tonight was a ladies meeting at church.

I unlocked the front door for the ladies (I didn't really take a second thought to doing that).

The meeting got started and as I was sitting listening to the devotion, I got this overwhelming feeling someone was watching us or was going to come in the building. I shrugged it off because nothing happened.

After the meeting was over, some of us stayed around and were talking. All of a sudden a strange guy (probably in his early 20s) walked in the building and asked if he could pray. Pam and I looked at each other, obviously startled, and I said, "I guess." The weird thing is that he kept looking around the room at what was there. Since the Knouf family is at our church indefinitely, their sound system is hooked up in the auditorium. He had his eyes on that as well as the church's sound system. We were very uneasy, to say the least. He did finally sit down and pray for about 5 seconds and then got up and left.

Esha happened to be in her car (with 911 on her phone) and she told Lyndsey, MacKenzie, and Justina to get in her car NOW! She was freaked out, too.

The guy walked across a grassy area to several other people and decided to have a conversation with them. We think he was casing the building!

We made sure to lock up the building and set the alarm. I even drove back to the church just after leaving because I couldn't remember checking to make sure the front door latched.

So, the moral to this story is - KEEP THE CHURCH DOORS LOCKED AT ALL TIMES WHEN THERE ARE NO MEN IN THE BUILDING!

1 comment: