Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter Weather?????




For those of us who live in the desert Southwest our winters are usually quite mild with temperatures in the 70's.

Having been gone from the cold weather of the Northwest for over 9 years now, I have become accustomed to the mild temps and rather enjoy not having to get all bundled up in winter gear.

My husband and I were awakened early this morning (3 am) to the sound of the electricity kicking on and off (mainly the security alarm kept tripping every time the power kicked on) and rain. Yep you read right! RAIN!!!! And not just a trace, either! Bunches of the wet stuff!

So when we got up after daylight we woke up to 42 degrees and these pictures from our home. May I just say how beautiful it is but I don't want to live in it!

1 comment:

Sergio and Valerie said...

You're so lucky you live in the desert right now. It's freezing over here! I miss you guys.