Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Look of Shock All Over My Face

Our pastor brought a WCBC student with him to church last night.

I heard that he was from New Mexico.

I started a conversation with him after the service and here's how it went.

Me: So, you're from New Mexico?

Tim: Yes.

Me: I lived in Alamagordo/Holloman AFB a long time ago, like 30 years.

Tim: Really. I know very well where that is. Is that where the White Sands Missile Range is?

Me: No, but it's close.

Tim: So, you say you went to high school there?

Me: Nooooooooooooo, I was only this high (giving the height of about a 7 year-old) when I was there!

Tim: (realizing his very big mistake) I am so sorry!

Me: (laughing, trying to disguise my absolute shock over him just making me to be over 50 years old) It's ok (maybe) :)


Oh well, I hope I don't actually look that old because I'm not even 40 yet!

1 comment:

Shari said...

LOL--I will be 40 next Thursday! I can't believe it! :o)