Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peace...Wonderful Peace

I don't know why I am so stubborn at following the Lord's leading in my life.

Why is it that when He gently tells me to read His Word or go to Him in prayer I choose to do something else? I can only conclude that it's the sinner in me.

I was gently reminded last night during our ladies Bible study of the peace...wonderful peace that awaits me if I only follow Him.

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed last night over HR1913 (the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act) that passed our US Congress yesterday and is now headed to the US Senate for a vote. This is a very disturbing piece of legislation that will take away our freedom of speech if the bill is voted in and signed into law.

I felt the gentle tugging at my heart from the Lord to open up my Bible and read it. I didn't know where to begin so I read where I've been in my devotions - Isaiah. I started at chapter 58. Within 2 verses of reading, that peace...wonderful peace came over me and I knew God wanted me to know He still knows everything and is still in control. I went to Him in prayer when I was done reading and that wonderful peace was very present there as well. I rose from my knees with joy in my heart!

God wants the best for us. We must follow Him and we will experience that peace...wonderful peace that only He can and will give to us.

No comments: