Friday, June 26, 2009

The BIG Day

Here it is two weeks later and I'm just now getting around to posting about Lyndsey's BIG day.

She actually had a BIG weekend.

It started on Thursday, June 11. The kids and I had to leave early before everyone else because she had to be at rehearsal by 6 PM. Her graduation was not local. It was in northern Los Angeles. Since we homeschool, the independent study group we are with is based out there.

The display board of Lyndsey's life

a closer look at the pictures



We left beautiful (but cool for this time of year) 85 degree weather and headed into 55 degree (and overcast and cold) weather. We forgot our coats and just about froze our little tails off (just a minor exaggeration). At least it felt that way.

We stayed in a Marriott about 10 miles from where the graduation was held. Thanks to my brother-in-law, we got an awesome rate there.

As I was driving to the hotel on Thursday night I recognized a mall that I had been to several years ago. I told Lyndsey that we were going there the next day for makeovers.

After breakfast, Grandpa and Grandma and Lyndsey and I went to the mall. We went to the Bare Escentuals boutique and both got a makeover. The makeup artist did an AMAZING job! And the best part was it was free!

We had the pleasure of having a very leisurely afternoon. It felt great to have nothing pressing for the better part of the entire day.

We were treated to a small meal at the church for all the seniors and their immediate family members before the ceremony started. I wish I had been there right at the beginning. All the seniors were having professional pictures done as an entire class (there were 17 graduates). Lyndsey only brought one pair of nylons and they ended up having a run all the way up the leg. So.....Mom had to run around and find another pair for her - which wasn't the easiest thing to do because she HAD to have black. Tan would NOT do. Nosiree! By the time I got back, the pictures were done.

Some of the pictures before the ceremony.



But she did have a few minutes to herself and so we did our own pictures.

The ceremony was fabulous! I wish I had the money to purchase the dvd from the graduation! It was first class!

During the ceremony



Lyndsey was the most gorgeous girl on the stage (and I'm not being prejudiced, either - no, seriously! :)). She seemed far more calm than I expected. I did get choked up a couple of times during the ceremony, though (surprise, surprise).

After the ceremony, her attention was wanted by soooo many people. I hardly saw her except for the pictures I took of her. She definitely was beaming that night!

After the ceremony

Lyndsey with Ron and Sheryl Brown

Our pastor and his parents with the graduate

Lyndsey with Serena

Lyndsey with LeeAnn

Lyndsey with Cody (LeeAnn's brother) - also a graduate

Lyndsey with family friends - the Sundquist family

Last, but not least, the 3 Muskateers
Richard, Lyndsey, Eddie
Richard and Eddie graduated 2 weeks before Lyndsey
This is the last picture of the 3 of them before they all enter adulthood officially.

Sunday evening we had a reception for Lyndsey at our church. The girl made out like a bandit with graduation gifts! But it is all much needed since she's leaving for college in 2 months.

Her graduation cake
I have been so excited for my girl. This has been an event that I have looked forward to for her for so long. She just makes me so proud! I love that girl (turned young woman) so much! For days leading up to graduation I had been thinking about the day she was born and holding her in my arms for the first time. I remember thinking that 2009 was sooooo far off and I had an enormous amount of time to be with her. And now she starts a new phase in life.

All in all, it was better than I could have imagined. We are so proud of our little girl. She has grown into a beautiful young woman who loves the Lord and all she wants to do is to serve Him. We could not have asked for a better daughter!

2 comments:

K.McKen. said...

Awwweeee, that makes me think back to my graduation and how proud I just knew my mother was of me! It is such a blessing to see a mother daughter duo with such a great relationship like you too have......and a side note, a FREE makeover?!?!? What fun!! :)

Shari said...

My goodness! I can't believe she has graduated! I have a card that I sent and I just got it back today because I forgot to put the zip code on it. I am leaving for Arizona tomorrow so I will send it when I get back. Congratulations Lyndsey!