Friday, June 5, 2009

Is It Really JUNE In the Desert?

This morning I awoke to the sound of the wind. Not too surprising given the fact that we live in an area of the southwest that is considered a natural wind tunnel.

I woke at 6:15 a.m. I looked out the window to find gray clouds hovering overhead for the 3rd day in a row. Very unusual for this time of year.

I thought, "Great, it will be cool for my morning walk!" Then I took the dog outside. Brrrrrrrr! It was only 59 degrees. Again, very unusual for this time of year.

I actually had to put a coat on before I left the house. And I might as well have put on a ski hat too because by the time I got home, my ears were numb. My cheeks and nose were numb, too!

My 20 minute walk turned into a 30 minute walk because of the wind resistance (not that I'm complaining).

Is it really JUNE here in the desert? I better check the calendar because it feels more like February here!

No comments: