Friday, June 5, 2009

Do You Know Anyone Like This?

Or are you like this?

Lyndsey and I were shopping tonight at the grocery store. We were in the produce section when the following scenario took place.

A older man and a woman (and apparently the man's dad, I think) were in the produce section just a few feet from us. Each of them had their own shopping cart (we thought it was odd that 3 people needed 3 carts).

The woman is looking at something. The man is over at the bagged salad section and he grabs a bag and proceeds to put it in his cart. The woman (I think his wife) sees what he got.

Woman: "No, you are not getting that! You put that back right now! You can't have that with your diet! You ruined your salad the other night with all that mayonnaise you put on it! Put it back right now!"

The man then puts the salad back.

Lyndsey and I are watching the whole thing and have BIG smiles on our faces because it was just plain funny. I happened to glance at the man's dad and he had a BIG smile on his face, too!

We go about our business and all of a sudden the woman starts talking really loud again.

Woman: "I told you to put that back! You can't have it!"

The man had just gone back to the bagged salad section and picked up the salad again and put it in his cart.

Man: "I win! I win! I win!"

I look up and the man and I look at each other. I couldn't help it! I was outright laughing at this whole thing! The man is smiling and softly chuckling.

I tried not to be so obvious, but you know how those things go! The woman sees me laughing and she taps me on the shoulder and says "You know how these things are! He just won't listen! And then he ruins his salad by putting a half cup of mayonnaise all over it!" I just laughed. She actually did have a smile on her face by this time (she wasn't smiling at the beginning of all this).

The man walks by me still smiling and saying, "I win! I win!"

The next and final time we see the man he's in the bulk candy section. I don't think that was the best place for him to be if he's on a special diet!

Do you know anyone like this? I can almost see this being a scenario that will play out with Walter and I when we are that age!

No comments: