Monday, June 15, 2009

A Small Request

Update: As of Friday, June 19, we still haven't found Ruby. However, we did get 2 phone calls about her. We followed up on them and didn't get her, but are thankful that folks care enough to call. We continue to put flyers throughout the neighborhoods and have covered the laundromats, pet groomers, barber shops, and library. It is comforting to know that quite possibly she is still alive even after being gone for a week now. We were thinking that someone had her and either she wasn't wearing her collar with her id tag on it anymore or they just didn't care enough to call us.

We just have to keep waiting on the Lord for answers. For years, I have prayed for patience. This little trial is really testing my patience (hopefully growing it). Sometimes I find myself upset over this and wonder why patience is so difficult for me. Then other times it seems easy to wait out this whole thing. I KNOW that no matter the outcome of this, my God is still good, awesome, merciful, gracious, caring, compassionate, etc. and my family and I will continue to serve Him.

Ruby is a huge part of our family (we are BIG animal lovers) and I realize that some people don't understand why we are putting forth such effort to find her because she is just a dog. Ruby has been loyal and faithful to us and has always given 100% of herself to protect us and she's just an all around great dog. Very loving and obedient.


We have returned from a very big event in the life of our daughter (i.e. her high school graduation). More on that later.

Right now I would ask each of you who read this post to pray for our little dog, Ruby.

Lyndsey's graduation was not local for us. We had to drive for 2 hours to get to the church where it would be held. We had decided to make it a 3 day vacation. One hour before Lyndsey's graduation ceremony was to begin, we got a call from the people who were taking care of her that she had run away and they couldn't find her. We actually weren't worried about her at that time. We figured she would come home in a few minutes or by the next morning. We chose not to tell the kids until late that night about Ruby.

We decided Saturday morning that we better get home and look for her. We've been looking for her and others have been as well since to no avail. I've made up a poster and will be handing them out as soon as Walter gets home tonight. We've been through the neighborhood and beyond many times and just returned from about a 2 hour walk thru a different one with no luck.

The kids (Tyler in particular) are having a hard time with Ruby being gone. Tyler cried for hours on Saturday. We have put her in God's hands and have asked Him to take good care of her and to bring her home. Would you please pray with us for her? Thank you to all who do.

4 comments:

K.McKen. said...

I will absolutely MOST DEFINITELY pay for your Ruby to come home and for it to be SOON!!! Without children, our dogs have definitely served as what I needed in their place. Just 2 months after moving to Anacortes, we lost our Cocoa for 3 days and decided to post an ad on craigslist. We got a call 2 days later from someone who found her on the side of the road (had been hit by a car!!) I will pray that is not the case with your Ruby, but just thought I would make that suggestion about craig's list! It is worth a try!!!

K.McKen. said...

We had our puppy run away just a month or two after we moved to our new place and were DEVASTATED!! We ended up posting an ad on craigslist and had someone call us 2 days later syaing they found her!!! I will pray that she is found SOON. Try posting an ad, it could work!

K.McKen. said...

ooppsss....I posted more than one comment...forgive me! ;)

iluvsun said...

I keep praying for you guys everyday. I hope Ruby will come home or be returned to you very soon. Hang in there.

Have you tried putting an ad in the newspaper or on Craigslist? Maybe give it a try. I have a friend here that lost her dogs for two weeks and then someone saw her ad in the newspaper and called them. Dont forget to check the shelter.

Hugs

Patti