Friday, May 23, 2008

I Finally Finished...

a crosstitch I started (get ready for this) 5 years ago!!!! I know, I know. That's a long time! However, in my defense, I let Lyndsey use my scroll frame (used for crosstitching) so she could make one of her aunts a picture and it took her a year to complete it. I know that still leaves 4 years, but hey, I've been busy. Raising 3 kids, homeschooling 3 kids, working for my church part time and all the ministries our family is involved in with our church tends to not leave a whole lot of time for crafts. But, I'm not complaining!




I do have 4 other crosstitch patterns left to do and 2 blankets. One of the blankets is almost done. I'd love to add in some sewing projects, too, but not sure on that one. I'm hoping to paint our living room, dining room, hallway, and kitchen this summer so.........not sure how many projects I will be able to get done. They just keep piling! Never a dull moment!

I also decided to make some homemade bread yesterday and today. I tried 2 different ones. It's been probably a dozen years since I made homemade bread. No bread maker this time! All done by hand (with the help of my trusty mixer, though). Can I just say that my family and I think both breads were fabulous! I made cheddar cheese bread yesterday. One regular loaf and one braided loaf. That one was really fun to make. Then I made Parmesan cheese bread today. Yummy!

We are having company for dinner after church on Sunday so I decided to experiment on my family the last couple of days to decide if I wanted to make any for company. My husband says the Parmesan bread. The kids say the cheddar cheese bread. Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

mama2drama said...

Beautiful! Good little bit of motivation to keep going with other projects huh?!