Monday, May 5, 2008

Plantlife

I decided to take a little break from my journal today and just post some pictures of the beautiful plants that are found in Madagascar.

80% of the plants in Madagascar are found nowhere else in the world. As well, 70% of the animals (to include reptiles, amphibians, etc.) in Madagascar are found nowhere else in the world. The country is absolutely gorgeous (at least in the highlands where we were)! We saw pictures of other parts of the country and I think it looks beautiful there as well.

This is a giant poinsettia tree! They grow wild.

This is called the traveler's tree and it's huge!

Walter is standing next to some sort of a palm tree.

Giant azalea bushes

The first 5 pictures were taken on the property across the street from the Pritchards.

















This is a field of anana (pronounced a nuh nuh). It's greens the people eat. They are very bitter but the people really like it.

Most of the plants I don't even know what they are. But I think they're quite pretty.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Though I don't post a comment too often I do try to keep up with your blog. So what do you guys think you will do since you aren't going to M? Are you still going to go into some other ministry?
TTYL,
Pam

mama2drama said...

Sure does look like a tropical paradise!