Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Example...

of God's amazing provision!

I bought some clothes a while back. After I started wearing them I just wasn't very comfortable. They just weren't 'me.' But I continued to wear them because they were cute. Somewhat fashionable. I liked the way a friend of mine dressed and so I had her go shopping with me and help me pick out the clothes. I don't know why I ever cared about 'in style' clothing because I just wear what I'm comfortable in.

The Lord had been dealing with me about these particular clothes. When I bought them, they were borderline too short. And I couldn't wear them anymore because, ahem, they were too small. They've been just sitting in my closet collecting dust. I had told the Lord that I would get rid of all of the clothes but it was getting around to doing it that was the problem.

Last week, I finally decided to clean out my closet. Four days later I was approached by a lady in our church. She asked me if I wanted some clothes. They weren't just Kmart clothes. They're designer clothes! I've never had designer clothes. She brought me 'some' of the clothes last night and it's just about a closet full to include 2 leather jackets, a suit jacket, some skirts, blouses, cashmere sweaters, and lots of everyday sweaters and shirts. She told me if they fit, there's plenty more she can bring me. Wow!

I did need some clothes because I didn't have very many since my weight gain. The Lord knew. I didn't tell anyone except for Him and even at that I only prayed about it once or twice pretty much just in passing.

I can't help but think that because I finally decided to obey, the Lord met one of my needs. But He went way above my thinking on this one! He provided beautiful things that I never would have paid the price for and it is all FREE!

Why is it so hard to just obey the things God asks of us? I don't know but He continues to prove to me that He knows and cares about me in every single area of my life.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Rhonda: I love your blog! I want you to know it is helping me get my life right with the Lord! It is helping me to learn to wait on Him and He will provide in His timing. Trying to work my life out on my own never works and sometimes I need a little pounding to learn my lessons. It's posts like these that really convict me and make me realize how weak my faith is. Thank you so much!