Thursday, January 22, 2009

I know He loves me!

Guess what I woke up to this morning! Ok, so you don't really know.

It was my most favorite sound in the world! It's a sound I haven't heard in quite a while.

My favorite sound in the world is a dove cooing. If you've never heard a dove coo, it's the most relaxing sound. If the doves would do it all day, I would be much obliged to listen to them. I just love it!

We are so blessed to live here in SoCal. We have so much wildlife around our home. Doves, quail, roadrunners, bunnies, lizards, mockingbirds and coyotes, just to name a few. We enjoy watching all of them and we even saw a snake in our front yard once. For the record, I wasn't thrilled with the snake (Those of you who know me know I told my husband when we moved down here that the first snake I saw, I was taking the kids and moving back to WA. I've come a long way in 10 years!). It wasn't a poisonous snake (the name of the snake escapes me at this moment) so I was ok with it being in my front yard.

God knows the dove cooing is my favorite. He loves me so much! I am so thankful that God takes an interest in the things I love and provides them for me! I know it's not anything huge, but God does this each and every time just for me. He has even provided a family of doves that lives in our front yard. Now, how perfect is that?! Wouldn't you agree that God has given me something I love?

I was awake this morning but I hadn't forced myself out of bed yet. And then the doves started cooing and it put the biggest smile on my face! It was a great start to the day!

Hope your day is as great as mine!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Rhonda: I love this post. It brings things back into perspective for me on many issues. Thank you for sharing this. The Lord knew exactly what I needed to hear today.