Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Little Extra Money?

Lawrence was with us for 4 days straight this week.

On Monday, the 3 boys decided they wanted to earn some money. They wanted to wash the neighbors cars for extra money.

I told Phyllip and Tyler to call their dad and ask if it was ok. Dad said yes, but first they needed to practice on our car. They happily obliged and we got a free car wash. Tyler rolled up the hose and grabbed the scrub brush. Phyllip carried the towel. Lawrence carried the squeegee and they were ready to take on the neighborhood.

I turned the van around and sat in it so I could watch them.

They were so excited. They had dollar signs in their eyes!

Unfortunately, they weren't able to wash one car. They were soooo sad.

They wanted me to drive them down the street and watch them wash cars down the street. I said, "No, not today. It's getting late. I need to make dinner, etc. Maybe Saturday." The boys quickly concocted a plan for Lawrence to come over Saturday.

Maybe a lemonade stand would have worked better??????

No comments: