Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Little Girl...

It seems like yesterday Daddy and I found out you were growing inside of me. Where did all the time go? Today we celebrate your 18th birthday.

You have been a joy from the moment you were born.
It's so hard to believe that you are now a young woman. My, how time flies. So many people told us to make sure to cherish every moment of every day with you because in the blink of an eye, you'd be all grown up. And that's exactly what happened.

I think of all the mom and daughter nights those two years you were in tap dance. We had so much fun. I then think of the three years of swimming practice four nights a week and swim meets several times a year that we had together as a family. Those have been very precious times with you. Then I think of the times when Dad would stay home with the boys so we could have a girls day out and all the conversations we've had. The late nights we've stayed up and talked about everything under the sun from just plain silliness to very serious topics.

Getting a dog has brought so much laughter into our home between you and me.

I love your sense of humor and your smile lights up a room. You have beautiful eyes and a beautiful personality.

You are a beautiful lady. I am so proud of you.

You are such an encouragement to me. I see your love for the Lord and it encourages me to keep serving Him. Your zeal for the Lord is incredible. I love knowing that you desire His will for your life.


Happy 18th Birthday, Lyndsey! I love you very much! No matter how old you get, you'll always be my little girl.


2 comments:

Shari said...

Is she really 18? Oh my! I remember her running around at Bible Baptist as a little girl! She's beautiful, Rhonda! Happy 18 Lyndsey!

mama2drama said...

I miss you so much Lyndsey and I hope you had a fabulous birthday. I hope one day you will be able to look at my girls with that beautiful smile and say that you knew them when...
You're such a gem and I look forward to hugging you again one day.
Happy birthday to a beautiful young lady and by far one of the best teenagers I know.