Thursday, January 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Pie

I got this recipe from an elderly woman years ago (before we were married). Phyllis was very hesitant to give it to me but because of my dear husband (whom she adored), she gave it to me. This happens to be one of his all time favorite desserts.

Crust:
3 cups graham crackers, crushed
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (can use crunchy also)
2 cups powdered sugar
4 cups cool whip

Mix crushed graham crackers and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour into pie plate and press firmly into bottom and up the edges of pie plate. Whip cream cheese til smooth. Add peanut butter and mix. Add sugar and mix. Add cool whip and mix well until smooth. Pour into pie plate and refrigerate about 2 hours. Keep uneaten portion in refrigerator.

That's the recipe I was given. However, I think 3 cups of graham crackers is too much. Try cutting it down 1/2 cup or so until you think it's just right.

No comments: