Thursday, June 19, 2008

College Application Officially Filled Out

Last night our church hosted a singing group from Hyles Anderson College.

Walter and I (and the kids) had dinner (pizza) with them. It was so much fun! The girls were so nice and their chaperones (Chris Tefft and his wife Brenda) were hilarious!

The girls sang quite a few songs and Brother Tefft preached (an incredible message, by the way).

We hosted 4 of the girls in our home overnight. The other 3 stayed at our pastor's home. Lyndsey was thrilled, to say the least.

Lyndsey and Rachel

Lyndsey and Katie

Sarah and Lyndsey

Lyndsey and Emilie

L to R - Emilie, Sarah, Lyndsey, Rachel, Katie

The boys wanted in on the pictures, too.
They are from the college she will be attending in the fall of 2009. Before the service started she filled out the college application. *sniff, sniff*

It's so hard to believe my little girl isn't little anymore. A word to the wise - when someone tells you to cherish every single moment with your children because they'll be grown up before you know it, listen to them. They used to tell me that and I thought they were nuts! But here I am with only 1 year left with Lyndsey at home. I tell you that I am CHERISHING each and every day with my beautiful daughter.

All of the girls fell in love with my very cute little dog! They all played with her. Some of them even took pictures of her. Ruby had to be in at least one of the pictures.

L to R - Ruby, Emilie, Sarah, Lyndsey, Rachel, Katie

The whole group
Top L to R - Becky, Heather
2nd row L to R - me, Katie, Rachel, Kristi, Lyndsey, Sarah, Emilie
Front row - Phyllip and Tyler

2 comments:

Shari said...

It seems like yesterday Lyndsey was 5-years-old. Now, she's a lovely young lady. Out of curiosity, why did she pick Hyles over the ones closer to home?

Rhonda said...

Lyndsey has quite a few friends that go there and she's wanted to go there for about the last year. She is more excited than ever now!