Saturday, June 7, 2008

I Am So Blessed to Have Been a Part...

Last night our church had a late night prayer meeting. Our pastor's wife was out of town speaking at a ladies conference. Lyndsey was asked to watch their 4 daughters during the prayer meeting. Since it was going to last until 2 a.m. Walter and I decided it would be best if I stayed with Lyndsey and the girls (Phyllip and Tyler were with us, too). We were to watch them at their home.

My 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th daughters!
L to R - Ciarra, Liza, Kaylyn, Grace

I decided that we could be a part of the prayer meeting by having our own there at the Nolans home. So we did. It was one of the sweetest experiences I have ever been a part of!

My fabulous 3 children!
L to R - Tyler, Lyndsey, Phyllip

Jesus says in the Bible that where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name He will be in the midst also (paraphrase is mine). So I started out praying and all (that's right, I said all) of those little kiddos prayed (well, except for Liza, but she's only 2). I could sense the Holy Spirit in the midst of our little prayer meeting. It was an amazing experience and I loved every bit of it. I know the Lord looked down and smiled upon it. To experience that childlike faith through the eyes of a child is incredible.

2 comments:

mama2drama said...

What a special blessing! Serving the Lord with kids can be such a special eye-opening time.
I can't thank you enough for taking care of them.

Shari said...

What a blessing Rhonda. I love to hear my boys pray. The prayers of children are so pure and unmotivated.