Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun With My Sis

One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life was move away from my sister.

My sister and I have an incredible relationship. Most people say we look like twins. We actually think alike and can finish each other's sentences. We've been the best of friends since childhood. I like to say we're twins separated by 3 1/2 years (I don't mind telling you that I'm younger)!

We moved to SoCal in 1998 to help our pastor start a church. Walter instantly fell in love with the climate (hot and dry)! It took me a while but I now love where we live.

My husband was so kind to tell me a couple of months ago to buy a plane ticket to go see my sister for a few days. So.....being the good submissive wife (*smile*), I did as he said!

I went up there on October 22nd and came home on the 27th.

We had a great time! Just hanging out together at home suits us just fine. We don't have to go anywhere to have a good time. But I did go up to Tacoma to go to the Holiday Food and Gift Festival that is held there annually in the Tacoma Dome with her. Before we moved to SoCal, Nancy and I went together every year.

I also got to spend some time with a friend that I think of as another sister, Tammie. As well as another friend named (you guessed it) - Tammy! We had a great time. I enjoyed their company immensely.

L to R - Tammie, Me, Nancy
This is the first picture of just the 3 of us in A LOT of years!

Tammy took me to lunch on the waterfront on Sunday after church. It was absolutely gorgeous! We had so much fun laughing and talking about old times and catching up on what's going on in each other's lives currently.

The view of Mt. Rainier was picture perfect. I got 2 pictures. I took the sunshine with me. It was gorgeous the whole time I was there. I took an umbrella with me but never used it. That's amazing! Below are some pictures of the waterfront.

The new Narrows bridge

If you blow the picture up you can see Mt. Rainier

Another picture of Mt. Rainier

My favorite time of the year is fall. I love this picture - it shows all the leaves changing colors. Gorgeous!

This is one of Tammie's sons - Andrew
He's my buddy. Every time we see each other we have to have our picture taken together.

Andrew and Alexis - she was so thrilled to see me. It was fun! She even said that her favorite uncle is Uncle Wally (aka my husband)! He is soooo proud!

Top row L to R - Eden, Ed, Ashleigh, Eddie, Tammie
Bottom row L to R - Alexis, Adam, Andrew, Alex, Eligh

I wanted to get a picture with each of my nieces and nephews. Some were more than willing to oblige me and others did everything they could to sabotage the pictures. But, I won in the end. It took lots of takes (hooray for digital cameras!) but I finally did get acceptable shots.

Richard and me

Matthew and me

Rebecca and me

Katie and me

Matthew is growing up so fast! He's actually pushing his muscle up in this picture, but - his muscle is real! I saw and felt it! Very handsome young man!

The time went by so fast but I had the best time.

Nancy, it was soooooo good to be with you again. Til, next time...

No comments: