Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Husband Loves Me!

We celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary on Tuesday night and pretty much all day Wednesday.

Mr. Wonderful surprised me with dinner and a movie and a night away from the kids! We stayed at a hotel just down the street from our house.

We ate dinner and went to the theatre to see "Fireproof." If you haven't seen that movie you need to go! It's an incredible movie! We don't go to the movies very often (the last time we went was over 2 years ago) and we really shy away from recommending movies but this one is a must. It will help to strengthen our marriages as well as it gives a very clear presentation of salvation and why we need a Saviour.

Then we went to the hotel. I noticed that the towels in the bathroom didn't seem to have been put in the normal areas for a clean room but didn't think too much of it that night. The bed was made and the trash cans were empty and the room appeared clean. However, the next morning we got up and I noticed hair all over the bathroom counter and floor, a woman's razor and shampoo in the shower, and an open bar of soap with someone's hair on it in the shower. Yuck!!! We also found a debit card receipt belonging to the person that had stayed in our room the night before on the floor.

When we checked out of the hotel, Walter complained about the room and guess what? We only had to pay $1 for the room (it normally is $109 per night during the week). The clerk tried to credit us completely but the computer wouldn't allow it. We weren't complaining about that! She also gave us her card and told us we could come back and stay in the hotel for free one more time.

It turned out that when Walter checked in, the computer said the room wasn't clean. The clerk called housekeeping and told them it needed to be cleaned and they said the computer was mistaken and the room was clean. Not!!! Oh well! All I can say is, "God is good!"

We spent the whole day out and about shopping - mostly window shopping but we did come home with a few things. Part of my anniversary gift from him was a new dress. We looked at several stores and found nothing. I told him that I usually find my dresses at JcPennys. That was the last store we looked in and I found 4 dresses. We bought 2 (my husband loves me!).

We got home just in time to have dinner and be on our way to church.

I was exhausted by the time we got home last night, but it was a fabulous day with my "Mr. Wonderful!"

1 comment:

Control Freak said...

Happy Anniversary!! Gina and I have had 25 great years together!! I am glad to hear how the Lord has blessed you.