Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hmmmm...

Those of you who know me know that I don't like to be in the spotlight. Blending in with the wallpaper suits me just fine.

Equally, I don't like confrontation (though I don't know too many people who do, either). I will do just about anything to get out of a confrontational situation.


I have a question that is at the forefront of my mind lately. Why is it so difficult for me to humble myself? I have pondered that a lot. The only thing I can figure out is it is my pride. I don't like it when someone has aught against me. I really don't like feeling division between myself and someone else. But my pride gets in the way and I choose not to do anything about it (you know, there's an elephant in the living room and everyone chooses to ignore it instead of get rid of it).


I found myself in a position recently where it was necessary for me to humble myself (I was so nervous about it that I was shaking and almost to the point of crying; that's how much I dislike confrontation). The Lord wouldn't let me alone about this situation. So I prayed and asked the Lord for wisdom and understanding and much humbleness in order to repair the crack in a relationship with a fellow sister in Christ.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! He worked everything out! You see, initially I wanted to handle this situation my way. But I was reminded gently by the Lord that my way was the wrong way. I needed to do it His way. And when I did, He worked everything out for me.


Life's lessons aren't always comfortable or easy to handle. But when you seek the Lord in all things (especially when you determine that you must be humble) He works things out for you.

No comments: