Friday, January 18, 2008

Sonlight

I was laying in bed this morning and the sunlight was shining down the hallway into my bedroom.

Then it hit me. The song in our church hymnal called "Sunlight" started ringing in my head. The Lord told me, "Just like the sunlight is shining into the windows of your house, the light of my Son is shining in your soul." Wow!

The sunlight always puts a smile on my face. How much more the Sonlight should put a smile on my face!

So I got out my hymnal and read the verses to the song. It goes like this:

I wandered in the shades of night,
Till Jesus came to me,
And with the sunlight of His love
Bid all my darkness flee.

Tho' clouds may gather in the sky,
And billows round me roll,
However dark the world may be,
I've sunlight in my soul.

While walking in the light of God,
I sweet communion find;
I press with holy vigor on,
And leave the world behind.

I cross the wide extended fields,
I journey o'er the plain,
And in the sunlight of His love
I reap the golden grain.

Soon I shall see Him as He is,
The light that came to me,
Behold the brightness of His face,
Thro'out eternity.

Chorus
Sunlight, sunlight in my soul today,
Sunlight, sunlight all along the way;
Since the Saviour found me,
Took away my sin,
I have had the sunlight of His love within.

I hope the Sonlight is shining bright in you today! :)

No comments: