Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is It Alright To Panic When...

you ask your husband to run 2 small errands and he's gone for over 2 hours and he doesn't take his cell phone to let you know where he's at and it's very dark outside??????

Yesterday I asked Walter if he would go and pay 2 bills (1 of which was at a bank) for me. It should have been a very menial task. You know, only gone for 30 minutes or so.

After about an hour I realized that he wasn't home. I wasn't sure what to think. Maybe he ran into someone he knows and started talking and lost track of time.

As the 2nd hour passed I started thinking that maybe while he was in the bank someone decided to hold up the bank and now he was a hostage! I know, I know. How my mind plays tricks on me! Anyway, I kept looking at the clock and started wondering if I should call the police and ask if there was a hold up at the bank (can you believe my incredibly active mind?). I thought I better wait for a little while longer.

Finally, my wonderful husband drove up and came in the house. Whew!!!!! Was I ever relieved. I asked him where he was and he told me that he finally realized what was wrong with our van. It needed new brakes! So he stopped at a shop in town and had the brakes fixed. So I proceeded to tell him that I was worried about him and I was just about ready to call the police.

Having been a police officer himself, he thought it was so funny! I, of course, was relieved and upset all at the same time. I made sure to let him know that I would appreciate it if he would take his phone with him from now on.

All this to say that I know my husband loves me. He didn't want me to know that the brakes were completely shot in the front. He just wanted to get it fixed as I have to drive to Newport Beach this week. What a guy!!!!!

1 comment:

mama2drama said...

All, I can say is I can't believe you exposed the crazy lady in you!! LOL! 2 hours is a little extreme but I wasn't about to tell you that. hee hee Love ya