Monday, January 7, 2008

My (Not So Secret) Admirer

Walter and I have been friends with the Sundquist family since long before we all got married. For those of you who don't know, that's well over 20 years now. Actually, we don't consider ourselves just friends. We are more like family.

Their 5th child, Andrew, has taken a huge liking (is that how you spell it?) to me.

It all started about 3 years ago when the Sundquists came down to the desert for vacation. Then we went up to WA for vacation a few weeks later.

We visited with them in their home and Andrew wanted to monopolize all of my time for only "Andrew and Aunt Rhonda" time. I was very flattered.

As the vacation continued I realized Andrew's birthday was coming up so I had a brilliant idea to have our picture taken together and put it in a frame and give it to him as a present!

That turned out to be the best gift I could've given to him! He loved it so much. He slept with it; he took it in the car with him; it went everywhere. Hence the following picture!


Fast forward to May, 2007. The Sundquist family decided to come to the desert (among other things) for a visit again. Again, I had the brilliant idea to have our picture taken together, put in another picture frame, and give it to him for another birthday present. Presto! Bingo! Can you say that I hit the jackpot twice! Who can ever be so lucky? He loved it again!



I must mention that the last time I asked these pictures are up on his dresser where he can see them at all times (makes my heart go 'pitter patter'). *smile, sigh*

Fast forward to tonight. I got a phone call from Andrew's mom telling me that he wanted to talk to me. So Andrew and I talked for a few minutes and then Tammie got back on the phone again.

Tammie said that Andrew was asking her which of these two pictures she liked the best. She told him and then he took them back to his room where he proceeded to sit on his bed and gaze at them (I am still so flattered today almost 3 years later!). Then he decided he HAD to talk to me. So Tammie dialed my number and when I got on the phone, he asked his mom to leave the room so he could talk to me in private. So adorably cute!

I haven't yet figured out what it is that he sees in me that makes him like me so much, but I'll take it while I can get it because there's coming a day when this will all be just memories!

1 comment:

mama2drama said...

This is such a sweet little post. Has he read it? I would love to hear his comments on that!! What sweet memories.