Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Absolutely wonderful...

For those of you who think the desert never turns green, here is the proof that it does. We just need to get a couple inches of rain and poof, we turn green!
The pictures didn't turn out as good as I thought they would because I took them yesterday morning while we were driving and I didn't realize there was a glare on the window. But you can still see the green desert!

Walter got yesterday off of work so we decided to go to the Leadership Conference at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Lemon Grove, CA. If you ever get a chance to go you will absolutely love it! It's great!

Our day started out by getting up at 4:45 a.m. because we needed to leave the house at 6:00 a.m. in order to get there on time. As it turned out, we got there late because we didn't know about the early bird session for the men at 8:15. Oh, well.

On a little side note - While we were driving to the church the boys fell asleep. In fact, they were snoring! Tyler wakes up and proceeds to say with a loud voice, "Hey, why are we going backwards?" To which we lovingly reply, "We're not going backwards!" Tyler says, "Then how come the steering wheel turned the car around back there?" To this we laughed and replied, "The steering wheel is always in the front of the car, son!" Obviously, he was still asleep! *smile*

When we got to the church Walter and the boys went their way and Lyndsey and I went our way. There are split sessions for the men and women. There is also a session for all kids under 12 but we didn't find out until lunch where that was.

Let me tell you how the ladies are treated at this conference. There is a "Tea Room" and it's open each day of the conference from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. There is just about every kind of tea plus the goodies (biscotti, 2 kinds of fudge, little cheesecakes, muffins, mini eclairs, fresh fruit, etc.)! Oh the goodies! They are incredible! It's all free and you can frequent the Tea Room as often as your heart desires! Then there's the pampering room. Massages. Pedicures. Parafin waxes for your hands. Manicures. Haircuts. All FREE! So I decided to indulge myself yesterday. I had a massage, a parafin wax, and my first pedicure, ever (Hence, the picture below of my feet. I don't like my feet but I discovered how great a pedicure is)! Oh my goodness! I felt like a queen. It was wonderful!

All of the paid delegates at the conference are fed lunch each day. Since we weren't paid delegates, we were going to find a place to have lunch. However, one of the associate pastors at Lighthouse Baptist Church told my husband and our pastor that we could stay for the lunch. And the food was really good! We had a choice of manicotti or linguini, salad, and dessert! Wow! We were stuffed to the brim! The Lord sure is faithful to take great care of us!

When we were done at the conference for the afternoon, our family and our pastor's family ended up at a mall not too far away. It was an outdoor mall and there was some pretty flower gardens so we took some pictures. They are below.





We went to dinner and then had the long drive home. We were exhausted but it was so worth it! The Lord again showed me how much He loves me! I so desperately needed the ladies sessions. They helped put me back into focus of what my life should be as a wife, mother, and a Christian. Again, if any of you ever get a chance to attend, don't hesitate to do so. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: