Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sweetheart Banquet

For our Sweetheart Banquet this year, the teen department was in charge. And since Walter is the Youth Director, that meant we would be handling the whole evening.

So, I planned everything out. It actually was fun! It was last Friday night.

The menu was Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Mushroom Risotto, and Julienned Carrots. I was a little bit nervous about the menu. While I was cooking it on Friday I started to wonder if I had gotten in over my head. But I kept going and Walter and I both thought it tasted fantastic! I was nervous because I've been told that you NEVER try out a new recipe on company. Guess what I did on Friday evening? Tried out 3 new recipes on everyone at the banquet!

Our guest speaker was Pastor Nathan Cook and his sweet wife, Sara. He wore a very LOUD suit.
But it did happen to fit the occasion. His message was great.

We at dinner, played some games, had some laughs, and listened to the message. All in all, we had a good time.



Pastor and Sileena won one of the games and here was their prize(s).

1 comment:

mama2drama said...

You did an awesome job all the way around and the food was exceliente! Job well done! You should be very pleased with the way things came together.